Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Three tiered wedding cake with roses and hypercum berries

This is a three tiered double layer wedding cake. The first tier consists of two square 10" layers of delectable dark chocolate cake with buttercream icing covered in a fresh layer of almond flavored fondant. The second tier consists of two 8" square layers of golden yellow cake with fresh raspberry filling, buttercream covered in a layer of fondant. The top tier are two 6" square layers of moist coconut cake with buttercream, covered in a fresh layer of coconut flavored fondant. Each layer is finished with sage satin ribbon and floral pins. Real white roses and hypercum berries adorn the cake.









This was a very special and interesting experience. This was a wedding cake for my brother. He lives in Denver, CO. I was so honored to be asked to make this cake. However, with the altitude change and lack of time and equipment, I decided to make all the layers at home, wrap and pack them very well, and carry them on the plane with me!! It was a smooth transition and the cakes arrived perfectly. I also made the fondant at home and brought that with me. I made the buttercream when we arrived and decorated it with the fondant the day before the wedding. The flowers were cut and arranged at the recpetion site. I received numerous compliments, especially on the chocolate, which is by far the most loved flavor I offer. I was very pleased with the outcome, though would not like to make a habit out of it!!!! PS-that's me with the cake below....




No comments:

Post a Comment